Each year, April 25th commemorates World Malaria Day, a day to recognize the incredible progress the global community has made against malaria.
This year, our advocates can take part in the World Malaria Week of Action to mobilize support from their legislators for the fight to end malaria.
Here are 5 ways you can take action this week to accelerate progress in the fight against this deadly disease:
- Action 1: Watch our World Malaria Day Webinar Monday 4/24 at 6pm EST – View Slides and Watch the Recording Here
We will be breaking down the actions Champions can take during the week and going over how to call your Member of Congress.
- Action 2: Call Your Policymakers: Use 1-844-977-2201 on World Malaria Day and use this script
Be prepared with the names of your three Members of Congress and your zip code.
- Action 3: Post on Social Media Using our Advocacy Toolkit
- Action 4: Sign the Petition and Tweet Your Members of Congress
Be sure to share this petition with your community to help broaden our network of Champions!
- Action 5: Participate in the Move Against Malaria 5k
Run, walk, bike, or even kayak a 5k (3.5 miles) between April 25th and May 7th and create your own fundraising page to raise money to protect vulnerable families from malaria.
Thank you for your tireless advocacy and for keeping up the drumbeat year-round with your Members of Congress.
Questions about advocacy? Email Maegan at email@example.com